In its actions towards Clients, Candidates and Colleagues, Amrop commits to a Code of Professional Practice in accordance with six Amrop Values and Standards of Excellence, for which the Amrop Board and Membership Committee are guarantors, and as set out below. This Code of Practice is integrated into the admittance, onboarding and practice of Amrop Offices, Partners and Staff.
ETHICS: moral principles that govern conduct.
We conduct business in a way that is transparent, honest and trustworthy. We:
- present clear, fair and competitive proposals to Clients and Candidates
- strive to check the veracity of declarations pertaining to assignments (Clients and Candidates)
- take all measures to avoid conflicts of interests
- adhere to off-limits agreements
- refrain from presenting a Candidate to more than one organization at the same time
- refrain from approaching a placed Candidate for opportunities outside the Client organization
- are committed to the strictest confidentiality in our business conduct, respecting all Data Protection and Privacy laws and principles.
CARING: displaying kindness and concern for others.
We show consideration and value for people as individuals. We:
- are Trusted Advisors for our Clients, assuring sustained, personal attention at senior levels
- follow up on the performance and satisfaction of Clients and Candidates post placement
- exercise ‘reflection in action’ in our dealings with others, checking biases and assumptions before forming conclusions
- create space for constructive feedback sharing: at the appropriate time and place, and with a positive inner attitude
- train, coach and mentor Amrop Partners, Consultants, Researchers and Associates
- support our Amrop Colleagues in all possible ways to assure their well-being and success
- help our Amrop Colleagues to pursue their ‘core excellence’ in their work, respecting their limits.
CURIOSITY: a strong desire to know or learn.
We are forward looking, and exercise an ‘explorer’ mentality in our quest for knowledge. We:
- help Clients identify and position transformative leaders with a responsible vision, drive and ambition
- implement a ‘context driven’ approach; based on our Clients’ business, market and leadership needs
- invest in proprietary Thought Leadership to keep abreast of Client and Candidate needs
- participate in Amrop’s formal learning programs and transfer new knowledge into our Client and Candidate interactions
- are open to informal learning from each other, irrespective of level or seniority, within Amrop offices and across borders
- actively seek to learn about and understand other cultures, national and organizational.
AGILITY: the ability to adapt quickly and easily.
We work collaboratively, efficiently and flexibly to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders. We:
- offer innovative and best-practice solutions in critical leadership domains
- are open and willing to discuss ways in which our knowledge and experience can be an asset to our clients
- exercise proactivity and fast response at all times
- are on a quest to evolve as individuals and as an organization
- are able and willing to challenge our established convictions and assumptions
- help each other to try, fail, learn, and try again.
EXCELLENCE: the quality of being outstanding or extremely good.
We pay keen attention to processes and outcomes. We:
- take all measures to ensure the robustness of Amrop processes and tools
- benchmark Amrop processes and practice with best-in-class peer organizations
- assure that quality levels are consistent in all Amrop offices
- signal any quality issues in a proactive and timely manner to the relevant stakeholders
- check Client and Candidate satisfaction levels at pre-agreed milestones of an assignment
- replace a placed Candidate who leaves under pre-agreed conditions within a pre-agreed time frame, and respecting pre-agreed fees.
INCLUSION: the action of including or being included within a group or structure.
We nourish ‘diversity of demographics and of thought’. We:
- exercise objectivity, cross-checking for signs of preferential treatment or exclusion of individuals or groups
- visit Clients in pairs to ensure a relevant blend of expertise and perspectives
- strive to present a diverse range of Candidates, in terms of mindset and demographics
- invest in virtual and physical platforms to share knowledge and expertise across geographies and cultures
- build diversity into Amrop’s own recruitment and development policies
- build Amrop teams and workgroups across cultural borders
- ensure openness and transparency throughout Amrop, eschewing ‘in-groups’ or elitism.
Underpinning Amrop’s Code of Professional Practice, we strive at all times to act in accordance with Amrop’s global Mission:
Shaping sustainable success through inspiring leaders
For more information, please contact us.