Amrop is proud to be one of the world's largest international retained executive search networks with the widest geographical coverage in the industry. 2017 marked a milestone in our history as we celebrated the 40th anniversary of our partnership - built on the philosophy that every business, every oppertunity, every candidate and every market is unique and should be treated that way.
- 1977: Four entrepreneurial retained executive search firms in France, Italy, the UK and the USA united to create a network to serve clients with increasingly international needs for talent. It was called Amrop International. Within a year, Switzerland, the Benelux and Germany joined the growing organization.The founders had strong reputations and adhered to the same rigorous international professional standards and commitment to quality. They shared a flexible and client-centered approach to search. Above all, they each brought deep knowledge of their local markets, befitting firms that had built their businesses there. More than 40 years later, the spirit that characterized Amrop's pioneers continues to drive our organization's entrepreneurial culture.
- 1978: Switzerland, the Benelux and Germany join the growing organisation.
- 1980s: Amrop expands into Asia and South Africa.
- 1990s: Amrop expanded its footprint outside the US and Europe, partnering with firms in Latin America, Asia and Africa.
- 2000: Amrop International merges with The Hever Group, who share the same values, propelling it into the Top 7 worldwide executive search firms
- 2009: The Amrop Hever Group rebrands as Amrop. This strategic move reflected our strengths as a progressive, cohesive and context-driven global executive search organization.
- 2011: Amrop forged a partnership with leading business school IMD, and launched its Trusted Advisor Program under the umbrella of Amrop University, to strengthen the development of our Partners and Consultants, our key asset.
- 2012: Launch of Amrop’s strapline ‘Leaders for What’s Next’
- 2016: Amrop expands its offering beyond retained executive search and launches Leadership Services and Board Advisory practices.
- 2017: Amrop defined its new Mission: Shaping Sustainable Success Through Inspiring Leaders, together with 6 Values: Agility, Curiosity, Excellence, Inclusion, Caring and Ethics. In the same year, Amrop marked its landmark 40th anniversary.
- 2020: Amrop walks the diversity talk, with 8 Board directors from 8 nationalities, including 3 female directors and its first female Chair
- 2021: Amrop concludes a strategic partnership with JM Search - a premium executive search firm in the USA
- 2022: Amrop's 45th anniversary
For four decades, Amrop had been advising dynamic organizations on identifying Leaders for What's Next - adept at working across borders, in markets around the world. Looking formward, we will continue expand our ability to access leading knowledge and talent from local markets, working to the very highest standards of global excellence.