Composed of Amrop Global Board Members and Managing Partners, Amrop’s Global Board Services Practice acts as a trusted center of excellence for our clients, candidates and member firms. We transmit trends, innovations and thought leadership throughout our 47 operating markets.
Redefining Boards as a critical extension of the Leadership Team
We advise on Board effectiveness, including the analysis of:
- Board composition
- Culture, professionalism and personality
- Structure, role of Chair and Committee heads
- Communication and meeting effectiveness
- Selection and performance measurement/management
- Cooperation with executive team and stakeholder management.
3 Service Areas: Board Search, Board Evaluation and Board Advisory
1: Board-Search | Appointments: Chair, NED and Board Formation
We help define your optimal Board composition, creating strategy-fit and dynamic boards, Director by Director. Amrop’s reputation, exceptional access, research-based approach and holistic evaluation combine to create a strong platform. Our team:
- Identifies strengths and gaps in your Board: skills, experience, demographic and cognitive diversity
- Examines needs for new demographic profiles, specialist/technical skillsets
- Integrates fast-evolving governance requirements and organizational strategy
- Identifies, assesses, and presents Leaders For What’s Next who can flex to shifting strategic and operating environments across borders.
The Board Search Process
- Strategy and Targeting: Contextual analysis and search strategy, agreement on profile(s)/’spec’ and requirements, list of target organizations
- Long List of Candidates: Direct research, (networked and technology-enabled), analysis of candidate compelling attributes vs. spec, initiation of contacts, long list
- Shortlist: Candidate interviews, shortlist, contextual report identifying the best-qualified candidates
- Selection: Shortlist to client, client interviews, selection of the best-qualified candidate(s), references and background checking
- Post Hire Onboarding + Integration: Assistance in contract negotiations, client feedback on the process quality, support successful candidate(s) until starting date and beyond.
2: Board Evaluation | Analysis and Feedback at Individual and Collective Level
Every Board Member should be a great contributor to a High Performing Team. The strength of a team is more than the sum of its parts; the secret is a clever combination of profiles and capabilities. The right functional and personal skillset, combination and complementarity, combine to optimize the value of the governance organ.
We blend data collection techniques for a holistic analysis of your Board and its Members.
- Uncovers the profile of every Board Member
- Uncovers strengths and pitfalls in each Board Member’s contribution
- Gives constructive feed-back to every individual Board Member
- Identifies gaps and blind spots in Board composition
- Provides indications to the Chair and Nominating Committee when building or completing the team
- Reassures Shareholders and Regulators by fulfilling Corporate Governance requirements
- Applies an ‘under the skin’ methodology, adding value rather than simple box-ticking.
The Board Evaluation Process
- Phase 1: Collective evaluation (BET©). Self-evaluation of the Board by its Members. 11 Areas, 53 Statements
- Phase 2: Focus on individual Board Members. Interviews with individual Board Members / shadowing of Board meetings
- Phase 3: Final Presentation & Feedback. A holistic Board review and roadmap
Read more about the BET©.
3: Board Advisory | Benchmarking, Frameworks, Compensation and Compliance
- Benchmarking Boards for External Review
- Building a robust framework for effective Board Management
- Compensation and benefits
- Governance compliance.
Underpinned by Diversity and Inclusion
Our goal is to provide our clients with the Leaders For What’s Next. People from different backgrounds, with different perspectives, who understand the added-value of a diverse, inclusive organization.
- Diversity: Gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other beliefs, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, education, socio-economic background, perspectives and standpoints
- Inclusion: A workplace characterized by a corporate culture where no one should feel insecure, invisible, violated, harassed or discriminated.
Read about Amrop’s Code of Professional Practice.
Data Protection and GDPR-Assured
More than compliance we go beyond the requirements of the law, running our business based on trust and respect for confidentiality, privacy and individual rights.
Read about Amrop's policy on data protection and GDPR.